Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy( DDP) International Conference
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
October 6th-October 8th, 2014.
This is the first time the DDPI International Conference has been held in Canada. A group of international speakers with leading expertise in trauma, attachment and brain development will be on hand to present. There will be a variety of workshops that will appeal to all professionals who work with families/children with attachment and trauma issues!
- An overview of DDP and how it has evolved over the past 20 years through models, clinical practises and neuroscience.
- Current research pertaining to interpersonal neurobiology as it relates to DDP and Attachment Focused Family Therapy. Learn how neuroscience and a neurodevelopment understanding of how children learn to mistrust can now help us teach these children to learn to trust again and form healthy relationships. The neurobiology of blocked care in parents working with challenging children will be discussed.
- DDP in schools-learn about exciting pilot projects which are incorporating DDP into the school system to ensure children will get the support they need to function well in the learning environment.
- Pharmacology and complex developmental trauma. George Thompson, MD and certified DDP therapist will review the use and efficacy of medication with this group of children.
- Sue Johnson's Emotion Focused Therapy. The EFT model of couple intervention and the outstanding research behind it will be summarized. Sue will outline how the map provided by attachment science can guide the therapist through this treatment.
- Clinical examples of work from therapists in UK, USA and Canada as a way of sharing unique DDP perspectives.
- The art and experience of story telling. Julie Salverson, Ph.D. will provide tools to help us develop stories and dialogues that will facilitate making sense of difficulty history or current experiences.
- The blending of Theraplay with DDP.
This Conference is an excellent opportunity for all professionals to learn more about how DDP is an effective way of working with children and families who have experienced interpersonal trauma. The workshops cover a wide range of topics suitable for therapists, social workers, educators, residential care givers, child and youth workers or any other professional working with children and families dealing with trauma or attachment issues. It is also a great opportunity for those certified in DDP to present their work, collaborate with colleagues and be informed about how DDP is developing internationally.
>> Click here to more details on the conference <<
THE SHALEM MENTAL HEALTH NETWORK INVITES YOU TO A SPECIAL CONFERENCE:
Attachment - CRADLE to GRAVE
Intimate and interactive conversations with Dr. Sue Johnson and Dr. Dan Hughes
Join us for two exciting days of learning about Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy (EFCT) and Dyadic Development Psychotherapy (DDP), including two panel discussions led by Dr. Jean Clinton. Come
and hear both presenters speak into each otherís model.
For couple therapists: Learn more about attachment in the role of parenting in your work with couples.
For child therapists: Learn more about how to support the parentsí relationship as
Date: March 3-4, 2014
Time: 9:00 AM- 4:30 PM
Location: Carmenís Banquet Centre
1520 Stone Church Road East
Hamilton, ON L8W 3P9
Costs (including continental breakfast and lunch):
- $250 before February 1, 2014
- $300 after February 1, 2014
Go to their website www.attachmentconference.shalemnetwork.org or call (866)-347-0041 to register.
>> Click here to view the PDF flyer for more information <<
Attachment Association of Canada 2011 Conference in Toronto, ON
Date: May 6, 2011
Time: 8:30AM - 4:30PM
Location: Toronto Congress Centre
- Daniel Hughes
- Arthur Becker-Weidman
- Mary-Jo Land
- Candee Forest
>> Click here for more details and Registration form <<
Foster Parents of Ontario Annual Conference in Toronto
Attachment Association of Canada is pleased to sponsor Dan Hughes as the keynote speaker for the Foster Parents of Ontario Annual Conference in Toronto.
Date: June 2-5, 2011
Location: Sheraton Parkway North Hotel, Richmond Hill
>> Click here for details and registration form <<